April is going to be busy. I know it's been a couple of months since I posted anything. So with all the busyness around me, if I don't write now, it may be a while again.
Last weekend we went to Calgary for a Sledge Hockey tournament. John Nathanael played 5 games on Saturday and Sunday. It was tiring, busy, and lots of fun. His team came away with the gold medal! The disabled guy on the team was the tournament MVP for their age group. Hopefully some day that guy can make it onto the special olympics sledge hockey team. The able bodied players, like our son John, just get a chance to play a fun, relatively inexpensive sport.
Then Thursday Josh earned his yellow belt at Karate!
This weekend, Easter, is full: John had to work yesterday, while I took the boys to the community Good Friday service. Today we decorated Easter eggs, cleaned house, and attended a Church social at our pastor's place in Brock. Tomorrow the boys are part of a mini-musical, celebrating the importance of Easter!
On Monday afternoon, the boys and I head to Mom's in Waldheim. I think my sister and brother-in-law will come for a special supper. Then early Tuesday morning I have to take Josh to St. Paul's Hospital for surgery. He's going to have his adenoids removed, again. They grew back in less than a year. He has a significant breathing problem and suffers from sleep apnea. I hope this fixes it. John has to work next week, but he's booked a couple of days off after spring break so that Josh will be able to rest and recover at home before going back to school.
On the Apr. 24-25 we have a couple of things going on again. The 24th is a big Student Leadership Conference at KCS. We'll be billeting a couple of students overnight. The 25th is the Nationals competition for Karate, hosted by the Kindersley Karate Club. So we'll be required to put in some volunteer hours and Josh is supposed to be part of a little kids demonstration for entertainment at some point.
Then Awana ends with a wrap-up banquet on the last Wednesday of the month - whatever the date is. Both of our boys have finished their books. I'm trying to get Josh to do the review for his book, but with his surgery I'm not confident he can get that all done. The Awana here in Kindersley is for kindergarten to grade 4, so we're thinking about taking the boys to Saskatoon on Wed. nights next fall so that all three of them can go to Awana. Austin will be old enough for Cubbies, Josh will be in his final year of Sparks and John can then work on the next T & T book, rather than stopping now. It would be quite a commitment, but we all love the program and want to give our boys a great opportunity. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment