Friday, February 03, 2017

Thoughts from devotional:

Lakeview has been promoting a women's Bible study by Lisa Bevere. I looked her up to find out what she means when she talks about "without rival."

Without rival is the idea that there is no competition. God doesn't love us 'equally'.  He loves us 'uniquely'.

Wow! Interesting thought.

Definitions of Unique:

1) sole representative - no one can represent God the way I can.
2) prototype - God made me the one and the only.
3) without equal or without rival - no rival for God's affection, or my place, or His provision in my life, or God's place in my life.

Comparison is cheating us and others of who we truly are.  There is no rival for the way I express God's love to others or for how he expresses His love to me.

I am a princess, royalty, chosen by the Most High.  As I grow in the knowledge of Jesus, grace, peace, godliness will be evident in my life.  I have access to anything I need; I will be renewed; and God's promises are for me.  I am His "lovely one."  One of the most glorious and courageous things I could ever do is live in the fullness of what Jesus purchased for me.  God's destiny for my life, and His words over me, are not limited to my current situation.  It is time to awaken to my treasure.

All things can work together for my good when I am called according to God's purpose. 

Rivalry can spur us on to great growth and insight...exposing our weaknesses and challenging us to develop our strengths.  They push us beyond our limits and cause us to look to God.

"My heavenly Father wrote out the intimate details of my life in His book long before I drew my first breath.  No one else can live my story.  It is time for my pages to come alive!"

"I have a specific course and destiny.  The Holy Spirit's direction is essential if I am going to live a life without rival."

"A life of devotion, not distraction.  With each act of obedience in both my intimate and public life, He wil detail His purpose of my life and His voice to me will grow in clarity."

"My life and its potential is a God-given entrustment. ...  I have important and interesting things to do with my life."

I will stand before God, radiant in hope, faithful in serving and loving in all I do.  It is a stunning story of promise and it will be worth it!

No comments: