Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Three Sons

A blond haired blue eyed reading fanatic; a brown haired brown eyed Thomas the Tank Engine fan; a brown haired blue eyed newborn - these are my three sons. They don't look alike, yet they look like brothers. They don't like the same things, yet they like spending tons of time together. As a Mom I am challenged by their differences and want to encourage their individuality, yet if they were the same my role would be so much easier.

As a family we will soon be embarking on another adventure. A new community and a new home. Change causes stress; stress has become my middle name. For now we are living in limbo. That causes more stress. After more than two years of limbo you'd think I'd be used to it by now. Maybe I am, but I still wish it was over. What will life be like without the "limbo"? I really don't remember anymore. It seems like I live my life eagerly anticipating what is around the next bend in the road. I am either in limbo, in waiting mode or in hurry-up we have to get there mode. It would be nice to be stress free and relaxed for a little while. But then, I do have my three sons...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

No comments: