Wednesday, December 06, 2006

"Mom, come and visit the train."

We put up the Christmas tree on Friday. On Sunday John Nathanael (I'm not being pretentious. I just love the name Nathanael and with two Johns in my house I feel I'm entitiled to use it) remembered the village and train we had around the tree two years ago and asked if we could put it up this year. I said we'd wait until after showing the house on Monday morning. If the house sells soon, then we'd better take the tree down and skip the village and train. If the house doesn't sell, we'd put the train up on Tuesday. We put the train and village around the tree last night. Joshua couldn't care less about the village - the train is all that matters. I was busy getting the lights into the village pieces and finding a power bar for the cords all the while asking Josh to turn off the train and give me space to finish. First thing this morning, he had to turn on the train. This afternoon when we got in, he had to turn on the train. The only problem is that the train is moving VERY slowly. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. I've changed and checked the batteries. Any other suggestions?


"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matt 7:9 - 11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette - I saw on Leslie's blog that you started you own - congrats! Now I can keep up with what is happening with you! I take it your house didn't sell - does that mean you won't be moving until the new year?

aennswind said...

Hi! We got a verbal offer yesterday. Likely we'll sign papers tomorrow morning, which means we have to be out by Dec. 30th. There's lots to do between now and then.