We sold our house; we have to be out by Dec. 30th. My friend was right - I put up the tree and it basically sold in less than a week.
We spent the weekend in Kindersley; looked at 6 houses. So we put in an offer and it's been accepted. Now we just have to wait for a furnace inspection and for financing to fall into place. My issue with the place is that she bought it for $65,000 three years ago and we're paying $95,000. It's a doublewide modular home, over 1100 square feet with a fully developed basement. I want to paint the basement and put in some decent trim to add a "classy" touch to it; she said she would prime it as her son wrote on the walls of his bedroom with permanent marker. The main floor is very nice, especially since most of the paneling has been replaced with 'real' walls and decorated nicely. There are five bedrooms in the place with a rumpus room, storage rooms, a great kitchen, and two bathrooms! That's important when I'm constantly being harassed with only one bathroom.
Life in Waldheim is over - a new life will begin in a new place. I've got less than three weeks to move. I've gotta pack!
"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." I Cor. 1:25
No comments:
Post a Comment