Wow! So much has happened in the last month. The move is complete and actually went well. I could certainly have used more time for packing, but that's hard to do with Christmas and a newborn. Although I've found the cutlery, I'm still looking for the garbage bags. I'm sure I'll find those eventually.
Christmas whipped by this year. There are so many things I didn't get done: a family photo, getting stuff to Ontario, a Christmas letter, baking, making a big turkey dinner, spending time playing with the boys' new toys, celebrating advent, doing the Jesse Tree with the boys, planning special holiday activities, etc. I am thankful for my mother who hosted us, and let us move in with her while we packed up everything else. I am thankful for my sister and brother-in-law who came to enjoy the boys in the Sunday School program on Christmas Eve and celebrate Christmas Day with us. I am thankful for the time we could spend with an Uncle and Aunt and cousins on Boxing Day. I am thankful for the gifts I received and was able to give.
Now the new year has begun and I hope it won't be as hard as last year:
- John broke two fingers last January and was in a splint for six weeks, but that was after three weeks of undiagnosed pain.
- a surprise pregnancy that plunged me into drepression for a couple of months.
- substitute teaching for five months; need I say more?
- John starting with Investors Group and not seeing much success with it, especially with the pressure of a growing family and the financial needs that go with that.
- teaching a night class in North Battleford twice a week for five weeks. I was very tired.
- John being diagnosed with depression - thankfully it was never as bad as my Dad's and thankfully he is coming out of it now.
- being pregnant at the age of 36. All my friends are done and several have had their tubes tied. I was the oldest of the 20 women or so that had babies in Waldheim this year. I had to make new, younger friends this summer.
- a busy summer running the boys to their activities: Art Class, swimming lessons, camp, History Camp in Saskatoon, Thomas the Tank Engine Day in Moose Jaw, etc.
- John falling 15 feet from a tree in our front yard and having to call an ambulance. I am so thankful he didn't break his back. He suffered through 8 weeks of sprained muscles and is now receiving physiotherapy. Hopefully he won't have long term damage.
- lack of support from our so called "Care Group" and family. The only response I got from John's family to my email was "I hope you at least finished pruning tree before you fell. Hee hee." I hardly know them and after that kind of response I doubt I'll contact them again when we are facing an emergency.
- getting a dog for the boys, but not really being emotionally prepared for a dog while being pregnant. We gave the dog away five months later.
- going through labor for a fourth time.
- feeling very lonely and ignored in my home town.
- seeing my mother in spring with a broken foot and then in fall with a broken wrist.
- jumping into ministry in Church, but not feeling connected, needed or fulfilled while being so busy.
- John starting a job in Kindersley, which left me at home with three boys by myself for seven weeks. I'm not single parent material. Thankfully he was home every weekend. Those were busy weekends.
Last year had its highlights:
- learning to be an online teacher and developing an online course.
- Josh turning 4 and hosting a "Thomas the Tank Engine" party for him.
Christmas whipped by this year. There are so many things I didn't get done: a family photo, getting stuff to Ontario, a Christmas letter, baking, making a big turkey dinner, spending time playing with the boys' new toys, celebrating advent, doing the Jesse Tree with the boys, planning special holiday activities, etc. I am thankful for my mother who hosted us, and let us move in with her while we packed up everything else. I am thankful for my sister and brother-in-law who came to enjoy the boys in the Sunday School program on Christmas Eve and celebrate Christmas Day with us. I am thankful for the time we could spend with an Uncle and Aunt and cousins on Boxing Day. I am thankful for the gifts I received and was able to give.
Now the new year has begun and I hope it won't be as hard as last year:
- John broke two fingers last January and was in a splint for six weeks, but that was after three weeks of undiagnosed pain.
- a surprise pregnancy that plunged me into drepression for a couple of months.
- substitute teaching for five months; need I say more?
- John starting with Investors Group and not seeing much success with it, especially with the pressure of a growing family and the financial needs that go with that.
- teaching a night class in North Battleford twice a week for five weeks. I was very tired.
- John being diagnosed with depression - thankfully it was never as bad as my Dad's and thankfully he is coming out of it now.
- being pregnant at the age of 36. All my friends are done and several have had their tubes tied. I was the oldest of the 20 women or so that had babies in Waldheim this year. I had to make new, younger friends this summer.
- a busy summer running the boys to their activities: Art Class, swimming lessons, camp, History Camp in Saskatoon, Thomas the Tank Engine Day in Moose Jaw, etc.
- John falling 15 feet from a tree in our front yard and having to call an ambulance. I am so thankful he didn't break his back. He suffered through 8 weeks of sprained muscles and is now receiving physiotherapy. Hopefully he won't have long term damage.
- lack of support from our so called "Care Group" and family. The only response I got from John's family to my email was "I hope you at least finished pruning tree before you fell. Hee hee." I hardly know them and after that kind of response I doubt I'll contact them again when we are facing an emergency.
- getting a dog for the boys, but not really being emotionally prepared for a dog while being pregnant. We gave the dog away five months later.
- going through labor for a fourth time.
- feeling very lonely and ignored in my home town.
- seeing my mother in spring with a broken foot and then in fall with a broken wrist.
- jumping into ministry in Church, but not feeling connected, needed or fulfilled while being so busy.
- John starting a job in Kindersley, which left me at home with three boys by myself for seven weeks. I'm not single parent material. Thankfully he was home every weekend. Those were busy weekends.
Last year had its highlights:
- learning to be an online teacher and developing an online course.
- Josh turning 4 and hosting a "Thomas the Tank Engine" party for him.
- Celebrating our 10th anniversary! We even got away for a couple of days, just the two of us.
- John turning 7 and hosting a soccer party for him.
- Austin becoming part of our family.
- John getting a great job with Prairie West Regional College.
- living near my mother.
- seeing the boys enjoy music class/art class, Awana clubs, soccer and hockey/skating.
- surviving on a limited income.
- John turning 7 and hosting a soccer party for him.
- Austin becoming part of our family.
- John getting a great job with Prairie West Regional College.
- living near my mother.
- seeing the boys enjoy music class/art class, Awana clubs, soccer and hockey/skating.
- surviving on a limited income.
No comments:
Post a Comment