I don't usually get comments for my blogs. That tells me two things:
1) If people are actually reading this blog, I'm not saying anything that really matters to them, so a conversation is not happening. I'm not the greatest conversationalist, as I'm rather quiet, so this situation is really not surprising.
2) No one is actually reading this blog. In that case, I can use this forum to vent, since what I have to share doesn't really matter to anyone.
Venting is what I feel like doing today. I am sick of certain people in our extended family who lie to us. It has happened again and I feel like I'm the brunt of someone's joke. It's not like it's a big issue or unexpected, I'm just mad that it happened again. I spent time last week, making a gift for one of these people. Now that I know about the lie I want to take back the gift. I feel used and abused. I am not emotionally ready to deal with these people. John has been telling me this for a long time and my reaction to this incident proves he is right. The result: we will not be going on a trip to see family this year (and so help me if they threaten to come visit).
2 comments:
hey there. extended family can be a pain, but it sounds like a bad case.
matt
Thanks Matt.
I married into the ongoing soap opera. It's times like this that John shakes his head and says how glad he is that he moved west.
Post a Comment