Saturday, April 26, 2008

He's not really talking yet, but...

he understands everything.

This morning we told the boys to turn off the TV. I'm sure it was turned off, but it was on again in just a few minutes. After getting on their case it was discovered that it was Austin, the 19 month old who had turned it back on. So Dad takes the child proof lock from the cupboard by the sink, which we've been using to keep Austin out of the kitchen garbage, and puts it around the doorknobs of the entertainment centre to keep the TV off. I got busy in the kitchen making breakfast and cleaning up by the sink. The next thing I know, Austin is squeezing himself between me and the kitchen sink to return the child proof lock to its rightful place; he heads back to the livingroom to turn the TV back on and watch some sports.

He's certainly not dumb. It reminds me of a picture I had once of a baby standing in his crib, scribbling on his wall the equation E=mc2.

He has been diagnosed with a mild case of spherocytosis. We're not overly concerned right now.

No comments: