Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Christmas Tree fell over...

The tree is up and so officially it's Christmas season!
We have an artificial tree. When we lived in Yellowknife I was able to buy this 6.5 ft tree from a colleague who was moving to Newfoundland for $65.00. So 12 years later it's still looking okay and doesn't owe us anything. The problem is, the stand isn't all that great. Apparently it's a little tippy.
Last year we billetted one of the Kindersley Klippers. His mom came for a visit the weekend we were putting up the tree and they shared this hilarious story about their tree tipping over. So we decorated our tree and it looked fantastic. Then I got down on the floor to move it into position while the boys supported it. Well, it didn't quite work out that way. I moved the bottom, but the boys didn't move the tree with me. It fell over...and it didn't look so fantastic anymore. John came in and helped me right it; in spite of the fussing and adjusting that I did, the tree didn't look as good anymore.
This year I/we did the tree over several evenings. I just didn't have time to do it all at once. One morning Joshua squeezed himself between the tree and the couch to plug in the lights. Of course he bumped the tree in just the wrong way and over it went. Thankfully we didn't have much on it, so he really didn't ruin it. Hopefully that's it for this tippy tree this. Now I have it wedged between the couch and the love seat and the boys have been informed that Mom will plug in the lights.
I like the tree and hope we can figure out how to strengthen it and keep it from falling over next year.

No comments: