John finished his MBA. It was such a successful experience for him. He did so well; an average above 80% and securing a job before the coursework was done. Now he's working for Koenig & Associates Inc. in Saskatoon. He began in September with a four hour commute each day; now he's staying with my Mom in Waldheim and coming home one night a week and for the weekend. He hates being a part-time Dad and husband. We don't like it either, but I tried to transfer and I applied for jobs in and around Saskatoon - I feel a little stuck in Kindersley.
Having said that, I am loving my job this year. The constant fights with students are less. Maybe I'm just getting older and don't care quite so much, so I let them get away with things, or maybe I've developed a reputation that students know what I'm all about. Anyway, classes are going well.
We're making some changes. We might be moving to Rosetown. Okay, 12 moves in 14 years of marriage is a little much, but we've had good reasons for all of them. I think family in Ontario has given up on us, though. They think we are crazy and unstable. We have to sell our house in the next six weeks and we've picked a house in Rosetown that will suit us well. John's commute to Saskatoon will be one hour, twenty minutes. My commute to Kindersley with the boys will be just under an hour. We'll all get up at about the same time, we'll get home around the same time and we'll eat supper together every night. Hopefully the boys can continue piano and flute lessons in Kindersley after school and then do sledge hockey together on Fridays. I am hopeful that Austin can do an activity in Rosetown and that the Alliance Church across the street from our new house will have some kind of clubs programs for the boys. Maybe we'll even go to the same church together. Change can be good.
1 comment:
I have a really dear (and AWESOME) friend moving to Kindersley. It's too bad you're moving away!
Post a Comment