One of my colleagues held a baby shower this past week to honour my VP's newest addition to the family. It was enjoyable, the food was tasty and the gifts were cute. I made my usual homemade gift - a hooded towel. Several other colleagues mentioned to me how much they like the towels I have given them in the past. After being there for about an hour and a half I headed home ... a little disappointed. There were two babies at the shower and I didn't get a chance to hold either one. It's not that I NEED to hold babies any more, but sometimes it's nice.
So we had our associate/youth pastor and his wife over the other night. They've recently moved and they haven't unpacked everything yet, so it was nice to help them out by providing a meal. Their 8 month old son was fun to hold. That is, until the end, when he puked all over me. There was a line of white stuff on my shirt and all the way down my pants. That was easy to wipe up, but the smell was awful. As soon as they said good-bye I flew off to my bedroom to change my clothes.
Tonight we had my VP and family over for supper. Their newborn son was fun to hold: he slept most of the time while I held him. I also got to hold their two year old daughter. She is so sweet and so cute! Unfortunately, she's been having peeing issues all day. They warned us about this just in case something happened while they were at our house. They also brought a couple of changes of clothes, just in case. Needless to say, when she sat on my lap for just a few minutes, she peed just a little. As she got up I noticed the wet spot on my shorts. So I helped clean her up and went to change my clothes too. A few minutes later she told her parents she had to pee and before her mom could get her to the bathroom, she peed on my hardwood. (At least it was contained to one area.) Her mother grabbed her and put her in the tub, her dad and my husband proceeded to get towels and the Swiffer to clean up the floor and I got to supervise while holding the baby. After her bath you would think that it couldn't get any worse, but no, some time later she again announced she had to pee. Her dad took her to the bathroom, but she wasn't able to go while sitting on the toilet. However, she was able to go while standing on the bathmat. So this sweet, cute and adorable girl went home buck naked.
I think I've had my fix of babies this week. They are very sweet, but they sure are a lot of work and create tons of laundry.
No comments:
Post a Comment