Crossing your eyes and sticking your tongue out of the side of your mouth on purpose while doing a titration demonstration makes students laugh. Over-filling a burette and splashing sodium hydroxide on your arm up to your elbow makes them chuckle. Catching a beaker of hydrochloric acid before it tipped and fell on the floor almost makes it look like I could actually pull the whole thing off. All of this really did take place in a matter of minutes this morning. Thankfully I declined their suggestion to video the demo. That would have almost guaranteed a disaster. As I'm trying to clean up my mess I looked at them and said, "Are you kidding me?"
So for the last day of class next week they have requested "purple smoke", "elephant toothpaste" and "the Whoosh tube". Hopefully I don't blow up the building.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun...maybe I should come and visit!
Post a Comment