There is so much to be thankful for! Our family had a good weekend.
1.) Traveling to Saskatoon - John was able to sit for the entire drive.
2.) Watching a movie with the boys. We saw "Brave". It's funny and has a relevant message or two. And they all agreed on it. Good bonding time.
3.) Pizza for supper. We picked up Domino's Pizza and brought it to Mom's. When John & I lived in YK, we were preferred customers at Domino's Pizza. I still think it's a great treat.
4.) Worship service. It's always nice to be home in the church where I grew up. It's amazing to see how young families are growing and taking on leadership. Good choice of music, talented musicians, inspiring message with a bit of depth.
5.) Memories of family. I went for a walk/jog to the cemetery on Sunday morning and visited the graves of my sister Christine, my Dad, and my cousins Lucille, Dian & Al. In passing there were so many names of people that I recognized. Later in the afternoon, John and I went for a drive passed the location of my old farm, to the Salem Cemetery where my Strobel grandparents are buried, and then to the site of the Springfield School where my Dad and uncles and aunts went to school. We also stopped and explored my Uncle Walter's old, abandoned house.
6.) Turkey dinner. Mom is still a great cook!
7.) Visiting with my sister and brother-in-law. Don't see them often enough. Love her to bits.
8.) Swimming at the Shaw Centre. It's a favourite family activity.
9.) Traveling home. The boys played on their Nintendos and watched a movie. We picked Lucy - she's such a good dog! Then we stopped for subs and enjoyed supper together in the family room. John was able to sit!

No comments:
Post a Comment