Christmas holidays this year were very active for us. I think we kept the boys busy and we had a lot of fun. The arena was open most days during the holidays to go public skating. It's great to see how much the boys have improved over the last few years and that in spite of the seven year range they can all have fun together.
Out at the dam they enjoyed finding and creating new sled paths onto the ice. It's nice to be able to drop them off to sled while we walked the dog around the walking trail. Near my home town is the Shekinah Retreat Centre. They have a wonderful toboggan hill and we try to spend an afternoon or two out there during the holidays. It takes almost 15 min to hike up the hill, but it's a definite rush going down that hill.
The boys really love swimming, so we went to the Shaw Centre in Saskatoon one afternoon to enjoy the pools, hot tubs and water slide. It ended too quickly.
This year we tried something new - skiing. I must admit that I've never, ever skied before. Growing up we really couldn't afford it and my parents certainly weren't interested in spending a day out at a ski hill, so I never learned to ski. My first year of teaching was in Cranbrook, BC, just 45 minutes from Fernie and 20 minutes from Kimberley. By that time I was just too chicken to go. There was a great College & Career group that I had joined, but those in the group that I hung around with weren't avid skiers, and if they were I was not going to join them and embarrass myself. So now I'm old, I have kids, I'm still uncoordinated and I went skiing for the first time in my life. It was fun! We had a good day. We'll probably do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment