Friday, February 08, 2013

Conversation in the kitchen

All three boys were in the kitchen, getting ready for supper and setting the table.
Josh was singing a little tune.
Josh:  "I just can't get this song out of my head.  My teacher had this problem today that she had this song stuck in her head.  She sang it to us and  now I can't get it out of my head."
John N:  "Please STOP SINGING!"
Josh:  "It's stuck in my head.  I can't stop."
Austin walks past and slaps Josh across the face.
Josh:  "Ow! That hurts!  What'd you do that for?"
Austin:  "I thought if you were thinking about something else you might get the song out of your head."
John N:  "What?!"
Mom:  "Austin, you can't go around slapping people in the face.  You hurt your brother."
Austin:  "I just thought it might help.  Josh, did it work?  Are you still thinking about the song?"
Josh:  "Austin, that really hurt."
Mom, trying not to laugh:  "Austin, that's a nice idea, buddy, but you still can't slap Josh.  Now apologize."

The look of innocence on Austin's face was priceless.
That was so funny, but I hope he doesn't ever try that again.

No comments: