Monday, April 22, 2013

What exactly happened?!

The question by a good friend who I met in school when I was five.  She also knows that I didn't go skiing with my youth group or school trips.  She was the athletic one who earned all the ribbons on track and field day and earned the female athlete of the year at school.  So when she heard that I had a ski accident on Feb. 22nd, I can well imagine her surprise.

I was on the GREEN run, wearing a helmet. I remember thinking to myself that I was going a little fast, and then I thought, "No it's okay. This is kind of fun." Then I started to slip and the next thing I know I was waking up in the ski lodge and they were telling me that I had a head injury and an ambulance would take me to the hospital.

I have multiple skull fractures resulting in a concussion and severing of my olfactory nerves (smell). I burst my right ear drum resulting in muffled hearing and damage to a nerve in my eye causing double vision.

My friend's response:  "Wow sounds like you did a good number to yourself and maybe it's good you don't remember much."

No comments: