![]() |
| http://luminaryvisuals.com/images/portfolio/bsf.jpg |
My answer was a little vague: No, not really. I've always been a cautious person and I think I will continue to be cautious. I won't prevent the boys from going skiing, but I certainly won't try skiing again.
I continued by saying: I have a strong faith and I don't think that's changed. I hope I'm not bitter or angry, but someday I do want to sit down with God and have a talk with him about it because I do want some answers.
As I've been contemplating my friend's question, these verses from James 1:2-4 have come to mind:
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
These verses have been making me question myself. What is it that I am lacking? How am I immature or incomplete? What work does God still need to do in my life? Do I have the perseverance God desires for me?
Certainly, I'm not there yet.
Learning to wait patiently for God to heal me physically in His timing and not in my own is one very valuable lesson.
The words of encouragement about 'God's Will For Your Wait' remind me of the lesson that "...waiting isn't just about what I get at the end of the wait, but about who I become as I wait."
Another lesson is a challenge to me for my need to appear to be perfect and have it all together. When my life spun out of control in a moment, I really did and still do need God's incredible grace to pick my up and put me back together.

No comments:
Post a Comment