Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Some things to think about

From Priced to Move by Ginny Aiken

"Life's nothing more than a brand-new battle after the last battle you fought ends.  If a body doesn't collect herself a war wound or two along the way, why, then she isn't really living, now is she?"  [pg. 69]

"Actually, ... the stones, and everything else, are God's.  He only puts things here on Earth for us to use and give him the glory.  We all come to an accounting before him sooner or later.  When that day comes, I want to be on his good side, since he's done so much for me."  [pg. 198]


From A Steal of a Deal by Ginny Aiken

"...I reach for my Bible.  I hit God up for wisdom - yeah, yeah, I'm lacking there; guidance - okay, so I tend toward a wee bit of blindness; and his awesome love - I'll never get enough of that, and he's got plenty to give."  [pg. 70]

      "In the dim, quiet room, I bask in the wonder of a God who has blessed his children with the gift of prayer.  Whether his answer comes later rather than sooner, I know he's there, listening, loving, leading.  I pray for the patience to wait and listen, for the grace to keep from blumbling and stumbling and getting in his way.
     Again."  [pg. 104]


From A Cut Above by Ginny Aiken

"Do you trust God? ... Do you believe he can and will work this out to his will and purpose?" [pg. 168]

"...what a mess I am.  I'm scared to pieces to let things happen just because.  And scared's not a very faith-filled way to feel.  I have to find the strength to trust, to believe God's mercy will win out in the end."  [pg. 169]

No comments: