Thursday, July 26, 2007

Drapes

Earlier in July, when I was at my Mom's, we went to Fabricland to buy material to make drapes for the two big windows in my living-room. It cost me $160, less than the $300 I estimated if I had bought ready-made panels. She helped me sew two large panels to cover the west window in the living-room and I took the rest of the material with me to make the remaining six panels. With two busy boys and a baby just starting to crawl, it's needless to say I didn't get to them. So when John proposed a father-son camping trip and suggested that Austin and I go back to my Mom's, I packed the curtain and drapery material.

As the temperature rose to a sweltering 37+ degrees, my Mom and I moved her sewing machine into her basement and proceeding to cut, measure and pin the material. I did the pinning and she did the sewing; in two days four curtain panels are now complete for John's new library and two more drape panels are complete for the east window of our living-room. Hopefully John and I can get these put up soon. I'm going right now to take pictures of the east living-room window as a "before" shot; then after we get the drapes up I can get an "after" shot.

No comments: