Tonight was the boys' Christmas program at school. It was cute, the boys did well and it was a nice evening out. John had the lead role as Santa; Josh did well singing with the grade 1 chorus - he was so proud of his Christmas tie. The Kindergarten to grade 4 students at Elizabeth School did a little musical called "Survivor Santa". The premise was that Santa needed a million dollars to finish up and deliver the toys for Christmas and so joined "Survivor: North Pole" to get the money. They played some games and voted contestants off. In the end the other contestants decided to pull out so that Santa could get the money he needed to save Christmas. No depth to this one whatsoever, but like I said it was cute.
The people who sat behind us have a daughter in grade 4 with John. They also have twin daughters in grade 12, whom I taught Chemistry to last year. The twins will be taking Physics with me next semester. So tonight I introduced myself to them. I've been kind of curious about them, so I thought I would like to meet them. I don't usually do that. I have no idea what I was thinking. It was a nice little chat and it was good that I had Austin with me, so that he could be a bit of a diversion. Maybe I'll learn to be more outgoing, yet. It doesn't come naturally, so I'd it has to be a learned skill for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment