Our three boys are at soccer camp this week. It's intense and requires lots of energy. They are all doing very well and learning lots. They look great out there. Even Austin is in a little kids camp and loving it.
My loving husband registered the boys for soccer camp and in doing so, checked off the little box that we would be willing to host a coach. The coaches are from Britain; they've got great accents.
So last week, when I was in the middle of finishing marks and editing the final pages of the 96 page KCS yearbook, John gets a phone call. Apparently we were the only ones willing to host a coach. Would we be willing to host 2 instead? In my fog and focus on school I said okay. When I finished at school I realized that I have 2 extra people in my house this week. So much for relaxing during my holidays.
First issue, where to put them? We have a spare room which is big, but not very pretty. One of them is sleeping on a mattress on the floor and the other gets the bed. I still don't have curtains up in there, so we have a Huggies box in the in window.
Second issue, what to eat? I find myself cooking big meals and I had to do a batch of buns on the weekend just so I would have enough for lunches. The boys also helped me make brownies and rice krispie squares for snacks. Thankfully back in June my Mom made several batches of banana muffins which are coming in handy. On Tuesday was 10% off day at Sobeys in Saskatoon, so I made a quick trip into the city for our regular monthly shopping and to pick up some extras with guests in the house.
Third issue, what do they like to do? We've done a tour around town, a trip to Kerrobert to see the oil and gas fields, a search to buy cell phones, and a babysitting job so John and I could go out to celebrate our 14th Anniversary. We also have plans for a round of golf, a trip to the swimming pool, and a trip into Saskatoon to see the night life. We have an invitation to a BBQ on Saturday night, so we're going to be a little rude and abandon them on their last night in town.
Welcome to Canada!
No comments:
Post a Comment