Friday, July 23, 2010

Garage Sale find


I like garage sales. I try to avoid them though, so that I don't collect other people's junk. Maybe it started when I was a kid and my parents would take me to auction sales. Used stuff is often good stuff and I don't feel too bad if it breaks because I didn't spend that much on it.

In June I was planning to have a garage sale. However, I couldn't find the time to sort through baby clothes and boys' toys to get ready for it. My next door neighbour was planning a sale as well and we were going to try to have one on the same weekend to draw more people. I just couldn't get my act together, so I bailed out on her. To be polite, I did grab my wallet and wander next door to see what treasure I could find.

For $20.00 I have transformed the boring, ugly, useless, gravel plot behind my house. When I total up the filter, chlorine and storage container, I practically got it for free! The boys' are loving it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love garage sales, but always end up buying things we don't really need and then they end up in our garage sale the next year! It's nice to feel like you got a good deal though! A good garage sale experience can make my day!