"How is your summer going?" they politely ask.
My thoughts immediately go where they should not go:
- it's all about the boys. They've been to soccer camp and Redberry Bible Camp. They're taking swimming lessons and I'm hanging out at the poolside with the other moms cheering them on, but sadly none of my friends happen to be around doing the same; it's rather lonely at the pool this year.
- no big plans. I haven't gotten a day at the beach yet. We're not going away for weeks at a time. I get one weekend away at the very end of my holidays. The day after we get home I return to work. My summer is starting when it's all over.
- I'm rather bored. I've created a list of 13 things to do this summer. They're things that need to get done around here and it's a goal to strive for, but if something better were to come along, I'd abandon my list in a heartbeat. [I'll let you know how I did with my list in another blog post.] It would just be nice to be interrupted sometime. My oldest son has started praying that I will get all my work done so that I can enjoy my holidays. He doesn't quite understand that I sort of like doing these things and that they need to be done, so maybe it's good that I like to do them even though it seems like work.
Now clearly I'm not going to share these answers to the question, so my response is "It's going too fast." Turns out, that response sparks some pleasant, interesting conversations.
No comments:
Post a Comment