Monday, September 06, 2010

My summer list

13 things I wanted to get done this summer.
1. Weekly coffee - I did okay but not quite every week: Deborah, Anneme, Adina, Maggie, Jill spent some time with me.
2. Clean up the playroom - the boys and I sorted through toys and got that big shelf looking awesome!
3. Repaint the playroom - I ended up just painting one wall and it really added to the room. John had it painted gold and the dark green that I painted really helped to establish a nice contrast.
4. Paint doors and trim downstairs - I got that one done and I'm really proud of the result, except that I wanted the inside of the study to be green, but I painted the wrong door green. Now all of them are cream coloured. It really brightens up the basement.
5. Hang drape in the living room - this didn't get done. I needed John's help and he had no time with the intensity of the MBA.
6. Clean outside windows - I hate this job and so it was one of the first things I got done. Great feeling.
7. Clean front and back doors - I hate this job and it didn't get done.
8. Finish the rocking chair - I needed to drag it outside and allow time for it to dry. With all the rain we got this summer I couldn't find a good day or two to get this done.
9. Pressure wash the house - that was going to be a job with John. We were going to rent a pressure washer and go at it, but the MBA got in the way.
10. Repaint the front porch - I did it, but I think I should have picked a lighter colour. The tan I picked I don't really like. Oh well.
11. Fix shed door and floor - John and I did this in a couple of hours. Unfortunately, the trim around the door was so tight that we couldn't get it off without tearing out all the shelves, pulling down the braces from the inside and then attaching it. So we just put the old door back up after pulling off the rotten pieces and I painted it. It turned out well.
12. Scrapbooks - started sorting stuff, but didn't get it done before we had company and I had to put the stuff in a corner. Maybe next summer.
13. Sewing - I made jean shorts again and a couple of baby towels. The curtains for the spare room didn't get done. I'm too chicken to do that without my Mom's help.

No comments: