We played hookey on Sunday and went looking for an adventure. We drove to Swift Current for their kite festival. When John was a kid, in his efforts to avoid home life, he spent a lot of time flying kites. He's still very good at it and now we occassionally enjoy kite flying as a family. The kite we currently own is best for heavier winds, so we haven't been out that often lately. I was hoping we could get a really good kite that is better for lighter winds. I was looking forward to sitting in a lawn chair, enjoying the colorful kites and eating a picnic lunch. Unfortunately, it rained. At times it rained hard. BUT we still had fun! The boys both made two handmade kites and flew them. They got a chance to strap a kite to their backs and race the wind; they enjoyed all the other kids activites. We got to see a group of stunt kite flyers in between the showers. We even picked up a couple of nice kites for the boys. So it was a nice day, just not what I had expected. I'd go again.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Kite Festival
We played hookey on Sunday and went looking for an adventure. We drove to Swift Current for their kite festival. When John was a kid, in his efforts to avoid home life, he spent a lot of time flying kites. He's still very good at it and now we occassionally enjoy kite flying as a family. The kite we currently own is best for heavier winds, so we haven't been out that often lately. I was hoping we could get a really good kite that is better for lighter winds. I was looking forward to sitting in a lawn chair, enjoying the colorful kites and eating a picnic lunch. Unfortunately, it rained. At times it rained hard. BUT we still had fun! The boys both made two handmade kites and flew them. They got a chance to strap a kite to their backs and race the wind; they enjoyed all the other kids activites. We got to see a group of stunt kite flyers in between the showers. We even picked up a couple of nice kites for the boys. So it was a nice day, just not what I had expected. I'd go again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment