Monday, June 11, 2007

Schedules and routines

I need a schedule. It helps me get things done. My schedule right now is varied and unpredictable, so I don't feel like I'm getting anything done, although I am. My MIL doesn't think I do a good job of laundry. Last year she came to visit and while we were hosting the soccer wrap-up party in our backyard, she was running into the house every half hour to do my laundry. That left me at the end of the party with dishes to do, lawn furniture to clean up, garbage to gather and a great big pile of folded clothes to sort out, refold to fit into drawers and put away. I was pregnant and exhausted. If I do one or two loads a day, I can keep up and it doesn't seem unmanageable. With 5 people in this house, I'm doing at least 10 loads per week.

Right now I'm trying to clean windows. John suggested to follow the flylady principles and do one window a day. I like the idea because I can do the window, the screen, the blind and the valence in between dealing with Austin and feel like I'm accomplishing something. It's been a week now and only two windows are done, but that's two more windows than if I try to get it all done in one day. Maybe I'll do two today... or maybe just one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like schedules, too. and getting things done. regulary. the daily laundry doings. i am into that, too.

Anonymous said...

that was from leslie.

aennswind said...

Thanks for the comment Leslie. If you want help with routines check out the link to FlyLady. I was a member for a while and it really helped me become a better manager in my home.