Last summer, after John fell out of the tree, we spent a wonderful day at the beach with some friends. They also have boys and she was pregnant at the same time as I with their fourth boy, so it was good for all of us. We had a picnic lunch, went swimming in the water, built sand castles, enjoyed the sun and the playground too. We came home tired, hot, and sticky, with big smiles on our faces.
So our next door neighbour invited us to join him for a day at the beach this week. We drove 2 1/2 hours and just like the kite festival, the weather didn't cooperate. Just as we were leaving I ran into the house for a sweater for myself and socks for Austin. When we got there, I was so glad for the sweater. It was overcast and rather cool. We didn't go swimming at all. Our neighbour, who is also John, took us for a bit of a boat ride, but with the wind, the water made it rather choppy. The picnic lunch, the playground and the campfire made for a good day, but again it wasn't what I had planned for, nor expected. I came home with a sunburn on my knees. I guess that hour, when I was sitting near the tent where Austin was sleeping, the sun's rays got me just right to inflict some damage to my fair skin.
Hopefully I'll be able to find that adventure I'm looking for this summer.
1 comment:
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment