Monday, July 07, 2008
The reality of life
One of my classmates assigned the job of planning our 20th high school reunion to me. I've taken on the challenge and I'm enjoying contacting the other 16 people that I graduated with. I counted 12 of the 17 who went to school together from Kindergarten to Grade 12. We shared our childhoods and now 20 years have passed. There are so many stories, joys and tragedies in the adventure of life. One girl is a widow; another had a brain tumor, and married a guy from Zimbabwe; one girl's daughter just survived chemotherapy treatments for luekemia; one guy has cronic back pain; another guy soon is going on a month long trip; one guy is a missionary and married a girl from Korea; another guy is an author of travel books; and the guy I talked to tonight just went through a miscarriage with his wife this weekend. I love hearing these stories and finding out how these experiences have shaped perspectives and relationships with God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment